If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly buying new apps and games for your iPhone without actually using the ones you have. This can quickly lead to a cluttered home screen and an even more cluttered iTunes purchase history. If you’re looking to clean up your iPhone and get rid of unused apps, follow these easy steps to erase your purchase history.
What To Expect In This Article
- 1 How To Delete Your iPhone’s Purchase History
- 2 Why You Might Want To Delete Your Purchase History
- 3 What Gets Deleted When You Erase Your Purchase History
- 4 How To Back Up Your Data Before Erasing Your Purchase History
- 5 How To Erase Your Purchase History On Itunes
- 6 How To Erase Your Purchase History On Your iPhone
- 7 Rounding Up
How To Delete Your iPhone’s Purchase History
If you’ve ever made a purchase on your iPhone, but don’t want the purchase history associated with that shopping trip to show up in your iTunes account, there are a few simple steps you can take to erase it.
First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to General -> About -> Storage. Then tap on Manage Storage.
Next, locate the Purchase History entry and click Remove. (Alternatively, you can tap on each item in the history list and use the X button to delete them.)
Finally, confirm that you want to delete the purchase history by tapping OK.
Why You Might Want To Delete Your Purchase History
There are a few reasons why you might want to delete your purchase history on your iPhone. If you’ve made a mistake and bought something you didn’t actually need, or if you’re just not interested in having that information stored on your phone, deleting your purchase history can help keep your personal information more private. Additionally, if you ever need to provide proof that you’ve actually purchased something, deleting your purchase history will make it much easier to do so.
What Gets Deleted When You Erase Your Purchase History
When you erase your purchase history on your iPhone, the following items are deleted:
- All the items you’ve ever purchased from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store
- All the items you’ve ever rented from the iTunes Store and iBooks Store
- All the items you’ve ever downloaded from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store
- All the items you’ve ever shared with other people through the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store
How To Back Up Your Data Before Erasing Your Purchase History
If you’re thinking of erasing your purchase history on your iPhone, it’s important to back up your data first. This way, you can easily restore any of your purchases if you change your mind later.
There are a few ways to backup your data:
Option 1: Use iCloud Backup
This option lets you back up your data to iCloud, which is available on all devices running iOS 9 or later. To use this feature, open the Settings app and tap iCloud. Under “Backup & Restore,” select “Backup.” Then, select “Backup Now.”
Option 2: Use iTunes Backup
This option lets you back up your data to iTunes, which is available on Macs running OS X 10.7 or later and on PCs running Windows 7 or later. To use this feature, open iTunes and select “Backup.” Then, select “Backup Now.”
Option 3: Use a Third-Party App
There are a number of third-party apps available that let you back up your data. Some examples include Backblaze and Carbonite. To find out more about these apps, visit their websites or search for them on the App Store.
How To Erase Your Purchase History On Itunes
If you want to erase your purchase history on your iPhone, you can do so in iTunes by following these steps:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click the “iPhone” tab in the main window and select “iTunes Library.”
- Click the “Purchased” tab and select the items you want to erase.
- Click the “Erase” button next to each item and confirm your choice.
- Disconnect your iPhone from your computer and enjoy your clean purchase history!
Open iTunes And Sign In With Your Apple ID
If you’ve made any purchases on your iPhone or iPad, you may want to erase the purchase history so that it’s not possible for others to see what items you’ve bought. There are a few different ways to erase your purchase history in iTunes:
Open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID. Click the “account” tab in the top-right corner of the window and select “Purchase History.” The Purchase History screen will list all of the items that have been purchased on your device, as well as their prices. To erase an item from this screen, simply click on it and then select “Erase from library.” It’s important to note that if you delete an item from your Purchased Items library, it will also be deleted from your History list.
If you only want to erase specific items from your purchase history, you can use the “Filter” feature in iTunes. Click on the “History” tab in the top-right corner of the window and then click on the arrow next to “Purchased Items.” From here, you can select individual items that you want to erase.
Click On “Account” In The Menu Bar And Select “View My Account
If you’ve ever made a purchase on your iPhone, you’ll want to erase that history so it doesn’t show up in your past purchases. Follow these easy steps:
- Open iTunes and sign in if necessary.
- Click on “Account” in the menu bar and select “View My Account.”
- Under the “History” section, select all of the items for sale or rent that you want to delete (you can click and drag them to select as many as you like). Note: If there are any pending transactions, they will be listed at the bottom of this page after you have erased them all.
- Click on the “Erase History” button at the top of the window. This will remove all of the items you’ve selected from your history and clear any pending transactions.
- Close iTunes and your data will be backed up.
Scroll Down To The “iTunes In The Cloud” Section And Click “Manage
If you have ever made a purchase on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and would like to erase the purchase history from iTunes so that it cannot be recovered, follow these simple steps.
To begin erasing your purchase history:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click the “iTunes Store” tab at the top of the window.
- In the search bar at the bottom of the window, type in “Purchased”.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes in the Cloud” section and click “Manage.” (see screenshot below)
- On the popup screen that appears, click on each item in your purchase history until all items have been selected. (see screenshot below)
- Click the “Delete” button next to each item in your purchase history. (see screenshot below)
- iTunes will confirm that the items have been deleted and close automatically.
To erase your purchase history from iCloud:
- Open the “iCloud” app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- On the main screen, click on “Store.”
- In the list of Stores, located at the bottom of the screen, select “Purchased Items.”
- Scroll down to see a list of all of your purchases and click on each one to open it in its own window (see screenshots below).
- To erase a purchase, simply click on the “Delete” button next to it. (see screenshots below)
- When you are finished erasing purchases, click on the “Done” button at the bottom of the window.
- Your purchase history will be erased and you will be returned to the main iCloud Store screen.
Click The “X” Next To Each App You Want To Delete
If you’ve ever made a purchase on your iPhone or iPad, you may want to erase your purchase history before selling or giving your device away. In this guide, we’ll show you how to delete purchase history in iTunes on an iPhone or iPad.
To start, open the iTunes application on your computer. If you have more than one Apple device connected to your computer, make sure that iTunes is open for each device as we will be working with separate tabs/windows throughout this tutorial.
Next, select the “iTunes” tab and click the “Store” button in the bottom left corner of the window.
This will take you to the “Store” window again but this time we need to locate the store in which you’ve made your purchase(s) on your device.
To do this, select the item in the “Store” window that corresponds to the store where you’ve made your purchase(s).
For example, if I have purchased products from the ” App Store ” then I would select the “App Store” tab and search for my product name.
If you have more than one product from a store installed on your device, iTunes will list them all here.
Once you’ve located the product(s) you want to erase, click on it and then select the “History” tab.
Click on each of the items in this history until you reach the last one.
To delete an item, click on it and then select the “X” next to it.
Once all of the items have been deleted, click on the “History” tab again and select the “All History” button.
This will close the “Store” window and return you to the main iTunes window.
Now that we’ve deleted our purchase history, we need to make sure that our device doesn’t remember these purchases in the future. To do this, we’ll need to back up our data before erasing our purchase history.
To back up your data, open the “Settings” application on your device and scroll down to the “General” section.
In this section, select the “Back Up Now” button.
This will back up your data to your device and will create a backup file named “iTunesBackup.backup” in the “Music” folder on your device.
Once the backup has been created, you can safely erase your purchase history by following the steps outlined in this guide.
If you have any questions or problems following these steps, don’t hesitate to contact Apple support.
How To Erase Your Purchase History On Your iPhone
If you’ve ever felt uneasy about the purchase history on your iPhone, there is a way to erase it completely. This guide will show you how to delete any and all purchases made on your iPhone in just a few simple steps.
First, open up the Settings app on your iPhone. Next, click on “General” at the top of the screen. Then, under “History,” make sure that “Store Purchase History” is enabled by clicking on the switch next to it.
After that is done, click on “X”s next to each app listed in order of purchase (as seen below). When prompted, confirm that you want to delete each selected app from your purchase history. Once all apps have been deleted, close out of the Settings app and enjoy peace of mind knowing that no embarrassing transactions are lurking around waiting to be discovered!
Deleting your iPhone’s purchase history is a relatively simple process that can be accomplished in a few different ways. The most common way is through iTunes, but it can also be done directly on your iPhone. There are a few reasons why you might want to delete your purchase history, such as wanting to start fresh with a new Apple ID or if you’re selling your iPhone and don’t want the new owner to have access to your previous purchases. Keep in mind that when you erase your purchase history, all of the data associated with those purchases will be deleted as well, so be sure to back up any important information before proceeding.